Our bodies aren't use to sitting folded up and motionless for long periods of time without some discomfort. The goal is not to eliminate discomfort; it is to find a natural balance (I call it finding neutral) that is a healthy starting point for sitting meditation. Neutral is the position that best supports your body without adding pain due to poor posture or poor sitting position or tools.
This page provides Topical Links to WabiSabiPenguin.com blog posts to simplify navigation.
- Zazen is a Pain
- Back to Pain
- 1st Back Injury
- 2nd Back Injury
- Zazen (sitting) Posture
- How to Reduce some Forms of Back Pain During Zazen or Sitting Meditation
- Cushion Testing, Cobwebs & Concentration
- How to Select a Meditation Cushion or Zafu
- How to Select a Meditation Cushion - Revisited
- Meditation Cushion Review of The Mountain Seat Zafu